Tuesday 24 May 2011

Making Time For Friends


"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance."
-Proverbs 27:17

It is so important to make time with friends.  But it is also something that can go by the way side in our every day lives.  I don't mean just seeing friends socially, I mean taking the time to sit, talk, one-on-one or something.  This is the time when we really get to know one another.

Personally, I think I expect others to make the suggestion that we do something, other than make it myself.  Not out of laziness, but because I think it is a sign that people want to spend time with me, which is something my self esteem does not always ensure me of.

Clearly, it is going to be up to me sometimes to do the asking.  But I wander where to start when I've nothing specific to actually say?  This, I hope, I'll learn as I go.  But, please note this: friends are very important to me, even when I'm unsure of the right thing to say.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...