Monday 25 July 2011

The house is nearly complete!


I have just ordered our bed side tables and some more shelves from Argos, and I feel like my home is almost finished in it's assembly.  It' so exciting, and I love the fact that we now own our own furniture and stuff.  It's a very grown up thing, in my mind, and it's a good feeling.

I guess I'm a Nester.  I do have a lot of stuff, which I'm always trying to whittle down, but, I'm not lying, its all useful!  But it is nice to have things which are part of your life surrounding you, photos on the wall of weddings, family and friends.  Books and films, loved, sat on the shelves.  Any my corner of dressmaking stuff, symbols of both current enjoyment and free time, and of the future, in which I intend to keep improving on this skill I love to use.

It is not that I couldn't live without this stuff, please note, but that familiar surrounding make me feel at home.

In all, I am planning on getting it all together by the 20th Aug, as we are having a house-warming party then, and would like it to be properly together.  However, still need a real wardrobe, but that is going to have to wait until I'm working.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...