Tuesday 12 June 2012

Dress Making Fun

Hello,

I thought I'd share my current dress making project with you.

My current favourite blog is 'Adventures in Dressmaking', written by the talented Suzannah.  I've been totally inspired to get dressmaking again.  And like I said yesterday, I made three in May!

As inspired by another wonderful dressmaking blog, and the awesome Hunger Games film, I'm currently working on a version of the Dress Katniss wore in the reaping scene.

In case you haven't seen the film
 Amy suggested the New Look 6069 pattern, which I think is perfect.


I like Dress C the most, even if D is most similar.

Now, the thing to remember is that these girls are really good seamstresses, and I am a very novice beginner.  So practice is still the name of the game.   With that in mind, I have started a practice version.  I picked up this fabric, which is an old duvet cover, from a charity shop for £3.  I think its cute, so if the practice dress turns out well, I will still wear it!  

Once I feel like I know what I'm doing, it's time to use the 'real' stuff.

Here is how I'm getting along so far-




Made the bodice and am quite happy with it.  The only thing I want to change is the amount of rouching around the shoulders. I want more.  I'm thinking that I need to widen the yoke and the top of the front pieces, but, wiser and more experianced ones, is that the right idea?

Having fun with my sewing machine, makes me happy :D

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...