Monday 20 June 2011

All that hard work...

Degree results are out, as of Friday.  Sadly, I'm actually quite disappointed with mine, but I'll try not to make this a 'rant' blog. 

I missed out on a 2:1 grade, by 3% in one of my pieces of work, which was gutting.  I knew for a while that I was a border line student, so set out at the begining of the year to push my self and get over the grade barrier.  Stupidly, sometime, shortly after the Christmas holidays, I think I stopped trying quite so hard, and so my grades slipped.  This mere 3% difference is crushing, there is nothing worse than knowing you would have done better at something, if you had put that touch more effort into it.  All I can do now is kick myself and think about what I want to do with my immediate future, as all present plans were 2:1 dependent.

So, what am I thinking?  There is a managers job at NewLook in Leicester that I'm applying for, and a graduate scheme with Dunlem Mill too.  So my options are totally different to what I expected, but we'll have to see where this disappointment takes me from here.

I wish to leave you with a piece of advice, those of you still at uni or whatever.  3% in one piece of work can mean the difference between a 1st and a 2:1, a 2:1 and 2:2 and a 2:2 and a 3rd.  Pick which one you are aiming for, do all you can to get there.  And stop sleeping in lectures by the time you reach third year.  Trust me.  I've been there.

Freya May
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...