Tuesday 28 June 2011

God with Us


“God with us” is the sufferer’s comfort, eternity’s sonnet, heaven’s hallelujah, the shout of the glorified, the song of the redeemed."
Spurgeon

A friend posted this quote on Facebook recently, and it simply caught my attention.  We're all been in those different places, on good days and bad days.  When everything is working out perfectly in our lives and when it feels like everything we touch turns to dirt. 

But 'God with us' is something that is steady through out the turbulent changes in our earthly lives.

The bible tells us;
He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.
(Isaiah 40:29) 

and

So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
(Hebrews 13:6)

So, trusting in Gods presence is not foolishness, but a sign of true strength, as we know that he is with us always, and through him we can do anything.

The only thing is, how challenging this can be.  Trusting in the Lord when it doesn't feel like he is guiding you towards anything is hard!  I always what to know what my next move in life is going to be, I'm a planner.  So when things change unexpectedly, it takes me a few moments to work out where to go from there.  And when I look to God for answers, I am not prepared to wait! 'I need to know, now! God.' I tell him.  What I'm going to do with my future is still unclear.  And I look forward to the day God reveals his plan for my life. I certainly hope it is sooner rather than later.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...