Wednesday 8 February 2012

Work, eh.




So, half term is now in just two days! I'm so excited! Time off from work, a trip to London, some home DIY projects, parties and time to relax with hubby (and I wont let him do school work at the same time).

The last 5 weeks have actually been quite enlightening.  Kind of.  I've finally found my step as 'Receptionist' at work, but now the challenge of learning the ropes has gone, I feel...bored.  Basically, I now know for sure I don't want to be a receptionist my entire life.

And it's not just 'its work, of course you're bored' bored, but 'ready to move on and find a new challange' bored.  Not that I have anything to move on to as of now, so I'll probably stay at school until the summer.  No point in quiting a perfectly good, income bringing, job just yet. 

But this is forcing me to realise that I really do want to find a job/career that challenges and stimulates me, sooner rather than later.    And I kinda miss studying (I know, I'm a geek, but knowledge is fun!).

So, decisions must be made, and applications must be sent for experience and training. I know now isn't the best time to be picky about work, and I just thank God that I have a wonderful husband who has the stability in his work to give me the oppertunity to go after what I want too. 



Watch this space, I hope soon there'll be more to report.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...