Sunday 21 October 2012

Potato and Leek Soup Recipe

Autumn is really here, I unpacked my hats and scarf's today, stocked up on thick tights last week and honestly can't leave the house with out at least three layers (I really feel the cold).  If you didn't know, I'm not the biggest fan of autumn/winter.  Unlike most other bloggers I've read, I dread the cold weather, including having to wear layers!

There is, however a saving grace to the change of the seasons, and that is the food! I love soups and casseroles and all that hearty, comfort food that seems out of place in the warmer months.


I'm going to share with you some of my favourite soup recipes, this one is a classic. 



I make it in bulk and freeze it, as it keeps for up to 3 months.  This recipe serves four and is super easy!



Ingredients
Four large potatoes
One large leek or two medium ones
One pint of vegetables
Glug of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

  • Chop up the vegetables, and sauté the leeks in the heated oil.
  • Add the chopped and peeled potatoes and the stock, and bring to the boil.
  • Let the pan simmer for about 10 min or until the potatoes are soft.
  • Use a blender, we have a handheld, and blitz! 
  • Add extra water if you like to get it to the desired consistency, I added about another half pint.
  • Now is a good time to season if you like.
  • Serve with a swirl of cream, and croutons or a grilled cheese sandwich- Yummy!

Enjoy!

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...