Tuesday 30 October 2012

Recipe Courgette and Potato Soup


Another tasty, tasty soup for you today- also made with produce from my MIL's allotment.

We've been over to visit this weekend, as my brother-in-law was up for a visit.  It's half term for both he and Dave, so it was a great way to start the week off.

Speeking of produce, while gathered, we shared out the giant pumpkin that my MIL has grown- I love pumpkin!  I think its the fact that it's only in the shops for the two weeks leading up to Halloween that makes it so appealing- hard to get hold of.  Anyway, I'll be sharing some pumpkin based recipes with you all shortly.

To the Soup- Serves 6

Ingredients
1kg Courgette, chopped
600g potoatos, chopped
2 onions
Glug of oil
1 pint of stock
(anyone seeing a pattern in this yet?)


  1. Fry the onions until soft then add the potatoes and stock and boil for 10 min.
  2. Add the courgette and boil for a further 5 min.
  3. Blend.  Add extra water to get it to the consistency you want, and season.
Easy as pie, this will freeze for a couple of months.  I've made bags of this and all the soups I've mentioned for the freezer- ready for those chilly winter days (as if they're not here yet).

Hope you've enjoyed reading my soup recipes.  As you must see, soup is soo easy, I hope you have a go.

Freya May



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...