This is a beautiful and easy soup that I made with butternut squashes from my MIL's alotment, I LOVE fresh produce!
I've been really enjoying making and freezing soups for us for cold lazy days, when we get home from work and don't want to put any effort into cooking. It's been a busy week so far, I'm working hard to stay on top of uni work, and Dave's slogging it out for school as usual. Man, those kids are darn lucky to have a teacher who puts in this much work.
Makes Thee Portions
2 small to medium butternut squashes cut into 2cm cubes
3 Red peppers
A glug of olive oil
1 pint of stock
(Isn't it awesome how few ingredients you need!)
- Fry off your onions in the olive oil until soft,
- Put in the squash and the stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 min.
- Add the peppers and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the hat and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread- Yum!
And we're done, in about 25min- How easy, quick and (trust me) tasty!!!
Have a go, let me know what you think!