Wednesday 23 November 2011

NanoWriMo



Here is my one and only NaNoWriMo update, to let you know how I'm doing-  Not particularly well...

After the first week I had written around 4500 words, which sounds good, until u realise I should have written roughly 11,000 by then :-S

The second week, I managed to write a further 1000 odd words, but that was it! :-(

I found that I struggled to keep any kind of momentum going, and I really hadn't prepared very well so I struggled to know where my story was going, and I struggled with a writers block case of no inspiration

After the second week, I've not written anything, so I'm so far behind I am giving up this year.  There is no way I could catch up in the next week.

So, I am not one of the 30,000 people who 'win' NaNoWriMo, but I'm ok with that.  I'm part of the 220,000 people who have had a go at completing a life time ambition, not succeeded, but is totally up for trying again next year.

So, I have just 11 months to start planning a new story, hummm.....

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...