Wednesday 5 October 2011

Any tips for me?


So, I'm sure you've noted that I'm not the thriftyest person ever, mostly I blame my creativity- I like to buy stuff and create things and dress up in creative ways. 

However, basically- I have a job! YAY!!  Working part time as a school receptionist.  I've calculated that between when I start at the end of the month and when my inital contract finishes at the end of term I will be, thankfully, out of all bank based dept!! Woo!!  Woohoo indeed!!

I don't know if I'll have a job after Christmas, so I NEED to practice trifting and stuff so that whatever happens afterwards, I am happy living on the cheap. 

Here are some tips I've found on the internet, but please feel free you add more!!!

There are so many out there, so I've toiled to find the best, most practical ones :-) A lot just don't seem to apply, or, better, I found I already did a lot of them too!
  1. The 'Packet' money system- taking out the money to spend each month/week in cash, limiting yourself to what is in your hand, once it's gone, it's gone!
  2. A '30 day list'- listing any impulse buys I fancy, waiting 30 days, and only buying it if I still 'need' it after this period.  One issue I must deal with is the compulsion to shop, avioding that will be my first step to spending less.  This is probably my biggest weakness, so will deal with this asap.
  3. Going vegitarian 2-3 times a week to save meat costs

What I am also doing is having a go at making lots of Christmas presents myself, so watch this space.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...