Friday 28 October 2011

Friday Feeling


It turns out that Friday Feeling is Exhaustion.

Phew, finished my first ever full week of work (please ignore the fact I only work mornings- I do get to work at 750am!). 

I feel like I'm finally finding my feet in the office, but as of Wednesday I'm on my own, so, really, I had better know what I'm doing by then!

So, School receptionist.  What exactly am I doing with my time?  EVERYTHING is the answer! Everything!  And my biggest challenge so far has been telephone work.  If you know me, you'll know I am not very comfortable talking to strangers over the phone.  I have this fear that people will judge me when I stumble over my words or am not as informed as I should me. 

But there is no room for insecurities here, I've got to get on with it.  And yes, I've messed up a couple of times, but I've learnt my lessons.  Namely, take all the information you can!  Don't be shy to ask them to repeat and NEVER patch through to a senior member of staff with out talking to them first.

We'll I'm going back on Monday, so, it can't have been too bad :-)

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...