Tuesday 25 October 2011

Oh, Keele, I've missed you too!

A beautiful weekend, up at the old place, here is the story

It started with a lot of baking!!!

First, I made a batch of cupcakes for Helen, who was putting us up for the weekend.  She doesn't drink alcohol, so the usual bottle of wine was out of the question.  I had a go at fresh vanilla and white chocolate cupcakes.  I used the seeds from a vanilla pod, as an experiment, and piped white chocolate ganash on top- yummy!

Then, I made baked cheesecake for my mum.  She had family visiting for the weekend and I will take any excuse to practice my baking skills.  Obviously, I didn't get to try it, but I heard everyone enjoyed it, so I count it as a success!

Anyway, much baking, then Tom picked me up! We headed up, Keelewards, in the morning while Hubby was still at work.  But, DRAMA!  Tom's car broke down on the way :-( Lucky for us though, the AA were called and came and fixed us up nice and quick.


Tom checking the AA man was doing a good job

On Friday I had lunch with the lovely Mim, hung out in the chapel and met some of the new students, and went to the Chapel Quiz Night that evening.  We didn't win :-(  


Hanging out in the office, just like old times


Team Awesome at the quiz!

Actually, we had yet more DRAMA! The quiz ended with two teams with identical scores, leading to a tense tiebreaker- of some insanely difficult question!  Cut to the end, Shuker's team won, BUT, as he is handed the box of chocolates, another team stands up and says 'Wait! Our score was added up wrongly- We win!'  The chocolates are taken from Shu, and handed over.  Shame.

The tiebraker round

'Still in a Meeting' were not happy they'd lost!

The rest of the weekend was pretty much drama free.  I had coffee with some people, visited the local towns charity shops, went of for dinner and drinks with people on Saturday eve, went to church, bring and share lunch, went to the cinema for a lazy afternoon.

And that evening, wonderful hubby was preaching at The Late Service, on 'It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)'.  It was a great talk, about being ready for when Jesus returns.  Everyone said he was fab, he is a great speaker, and is getting more and more confident all the time.


Hanging out in Lindsay bar

After drinks at the local student pub, we headed home and I crashed into bed, as I started work on Monday!!!

Love you, Keele, and all those who make Keele what it is.  It was good to be back, but it was really odd, even though I miss being there soooo much, I don't want to return to Keele as a student anymore, it has changed, with a new dynamic because of the new students.  The trip helped me feel like I had properly left my time at Keele behind properly, finally!

Freya May





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...