Sunday 2 October 2011

Chocolate Orange Delights!

I've been playing in the kitchen, one of my Life Time Ambitions is to get published in some form, and a cookbook would be a great idea and achievement!



This is the recipe for my very own Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, this is a super easy and very tasty cupcake, that Hubby has declared his love for!

Cupcakes

Ingredients
  • 200g Caster Sugar
  • 200g Butter
  • 2 eggs
  • Rind and juice of one orange
  • 200g flour
  • 1 table spoon of cocoa
  1. Cream the sugar and the butter, then add the eggs, orange rind and juice until smooth.
  2. Sift in the flour and the cocoa.
  3. Divy up into large 12 hole cupcake tin ( I chose orange cases, 'cos I'm like that)
  4. Bake for 20-25 min, until the cake is spongy to the touch.
  5. Cool ready for icing.
Ok, there are two types of icing you can use, and they are both very sweet.

The one I used in the photos is orange butter cream.

Ingredients
  • 250g icing sugar
  • 100g butter
  • juice of one small orange
  • 1tsp of orange colouring (if you want, gives the best colour but isn't necessary)
Cream all ingredients them pipe on to the cooled cakes.

or, Chocolate Ganache, which I'm doing on my second batch of cakes.

Ingredients
  • 400g dark chocolate
  • 375ml cream
Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of boiled water, off the heat, add the cream, and let cool, out of the fridge, before use, pipe on before it sets.

And the decorate how ever you want!  I've used orange segments, but go wild, have fun and put anything you want to finish them off.

Happy Baking!  If I ever write a cookbook, this will totally be in it!

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...